ESSOR: Support for Investment Projects
This program is administered jointly by Investissement Québec and the ministère des Finances et de l'Économie.
We can provide you with a loan, an interest-free loan or a loan guarantee.
This program targets for-profit companies, cooperatives and social economy companies with activities similar to those of private for-profit companies in the following sectors:
- software publishing;
- private research centres;
- environmental services;
- Tourism (subject to certain restrictions).
- Capital asset projects with eligible expenditures of $250,0001 and over, including:
- investment projects aiming to create a new business or expand (or modernize) an existing business;
- projects involving the implementation of a process to provide a service or the establishment of a manufacturing facility leveraging a proven green technology developed in Québec;
- projects to construct, adapt, expand or acquire a building in order to create new research and development (R&D) facilities for active research businesses that do not own research facilities and for those that carry out research in Québec in facilities that they own.
- Projects that do not involve capital asset expenditures but for which the cumulative increase in payroll over the first three years following the project start date is $2million or more.
1 For the Nord-du-Québec region and part of the Côte-Nord region including the municipalities and Aboriginal reserves located in Caniapiscau Regional County Municipality and the Basse-Côte-Nord territory, business projects with eligible expenditures of less than $250,000 may be considered.
- Projects must be completed within three years and must not have a negative impact on existing businesses.
- Projects must contribute to maintaining or creating jobs.
- The assistance must complement private financing sources and other regular government programs.
We can offer you a loan or loan guarantee. Our loan guarantee is a guarantee to repay the net loss suffered by the financial institution that grants you a loan, line of credit, letter of credit or any other financial commitment.
Terms and Conditions—Investment Project
- The loan guarantee may cover up to 70% of the net loss.
- The maximum term of the financial assistance is 10 years.
- Financial assistance granted by governments may not exceed 50% of the total project cost. However, it may amount to 55% in the case of projects carried out in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region and 60% in the case of projects carried out in remote regions (Abitibi-Témiscamingue, Côte-Nord, Nord-du-Québec and Gaspésie-Îles-de-la-Madeleine).
- Repayment of the principal may be deferred in some conditions.
Commitment and guarantee fees depend on the nature of the project.
Contact an Investissement Québec advisor at 1 866 870-0437.
Special conditions may apply.
ESSOR: Feasibility Study for an Investment Project
The ESSOR program also has a component focusing on the realization of investment projects (feasibility studies, market studies, process evaluations, etc.).
For more information
Contact an advisor at the ministère des Finances et de l'Économie at 1 866 463-6642.