What we do
Fierce global competition and the strengthening Canadian dollar are bringing heavy pressure to bear on the forest products industry. Consolidation, modernization and innovation are the keys to successful positioning in a number of expanding specialty markets, including structural and non-structural wood components, engineered wood, printing paper, bathroom tissue, fine paper and furniture manufacturing.
We offer assistance at every stage of the forest product development chain, including sawmills, pulp, paper, and cardboard plants, and more. We also take part in projects involving the supply chain and product commercialization.
Overview of the forestry industry in Québec
Forestry* is one of the leading sectors of the Québec economy. Over 200 communities throughout Québec enjoy its benefits.
- Productive land base (2010): 435,500 km2
- Number of companies (2010): 4,230
- Number of jobs (2009): 117,000
- Capital spending (2007): $1.85 billion
- Value of manufacturing shipments (2008): $28.3 billion
- Percentage of manufacturing production in Québec (2008): 18%
- Exports (2010): $8.2 billion
- Percentage of Québec's annual GDP (2008): 4%