Financing of Refundable Tax Credits
With the Financing of Refundable Tax Credits program, you can obtain a loan or loan guarantee.
Your business is eligible for tax credit financing if it qualifies for a refundable tax credit.
Projects eligible for refundable tax credits pursuant to tax legislation:
- Scientific research and experimental development (SRED)
Development of E-Business (CDAE); Biotechnology Development Centres (CDB); Major Employment-generating Projects (GPCE); Production of Multimedia Titles (PTM); Information Technology Development Centre (CDTI)*; Cité Multimédia of Montréal (CMM)*; New Economy Centres (CNE)*; Centre national des nouvelles technologies de Québec (CNNTQ)*; E-Commerce Place (CCE)*; Montreal Foreign Trade Zone at Mirabel (ZCIMM)*.
* This measure was abolished on June 12, 2003. Nevertheless, you may submit an application for refundable tax credit financing if your company holds an eligibility certificate issued prior to this date.
Aluminum Valley (VA); Gaspésie Region and Certain Quebec Maritime Regions (GM); Processing Operations in Resource Regions (AT).
Investment relating to manufacturing and processing equipment; Shipbuilding and ship conversion (CTN); Construction or major repair of public-interest forest access roads and bridges; Technological Adaptation Services (SAT); any other refundable tax credit.
Your business must submit a cash budget demonstrating the unmistakeable need for additional working capital.
Your business must have a sound financial structure, adequate management, qualified staff and a solid organization.
Our loan guarantee is a repayment guarantee on the net loss of a loan granted by a financial institution.
Terms and Conditions
- The minimum amount of the loan guarantee provided by Investissement Québec is $50,000 for the SRED tax credits and $20,000 for the other tax credits.
- The loan guarantee can cover up to 80% of the net loss.
- The maximum duration for financial assistance is 18 months.
- For loans granted by Investissement Québec, the amount provided may cover up to 75% of refundable tax credits for one fiscal year (two years in some exceptional cases).
- Repayment of the capital amount comes directly from the tax credits to be paid.
- The usual securities are required.
Financing of Refundable Tax Credits for Export Businesses
Export businesses may be eligible for a tax credit financing program. More information about the program.
Fees depend on the nature of the project.
Contact an Investissement Québec advisor at 1 866 870-0437.
Special conditions may apply. Consult one of our advisors to learn more.