ESSOR – Forestry Companies
Is your company thinking about replacing its forestry equipment? Our solution can help you make your plans a reality.
This program is administered jointly by Investissement Québec, the Ministère de l’Économie, de la Science et de l’Innovation and the Ministère des Forêts, de la Faune et des Parcs.
Forestry Businesses Component
ESSOR: For Growing Forestry Companies
ESSOR is designed for forestry companies that want to invest in new high-performance equipment.
Projects must target the acquisition or replacement of forestry equipment, including certain major components, to enhance the equipment’s performance and effectiveness.
- A loan guarantee from Investissement Québec covering a loan of up to $1,000,000 from your lender
- The loan guarantee can cover up to 80% of a net loss, for a maximum of $300,000 per company
- A financing term of up to 10 years
- Possible deferral of principal repayment
Special conditions may apply.
Your business is eligible if it is a for-profit company, cooperative or social economy enterprise with commercial activities whose forest management activities consist in:
- harvesting wood (felling, hauling and sawing);
- loading and transporting wood and unloading it at a plant;
- carrying out silvicultural work such as site preparation or
Non-eligible projects :
- Replacing equipment in the course of regular maintenance
- Equipment used to build logging roads