ESSOR – Forestry Companies
Is your company thinking about replacing its forestry equipment? Our solution can help you make your plans a reality.
This program is administered jointly by Investissement Québec, the Ministère de l’Économie et de l’Innovation and the Ministère des Forêts, de la Faune et des Parcs.
Forestry Businesses Component
ESSOR: For Growing Forestry Companies
ESSOR is designed for forestry companies that want to invest in new high-performance equipment.
Projects must target the acquisition or replacement of forestry equipment, including certain major components, to enhance the equipment’s performance and effectiveness.
- A loan guarantee from Investissement Québec covering a loan of up to $1,000,000 from your lender
- The loan guarantee can cover up to 80% of a net loss, for a maximum of $300,000 per company
- A financing term of up to 10 years
- Possible deferral of principal repayment
Special conditions may apply.
Your business is eligible if it is a for-profit company, cooperative or social economy enterprise with commercial activities whose forest management activities consist in:
- harvesting wood (felling, hauling and sawing);
- loading and transporting wood and unloading it at a plant;
- carrying out silvicultural work such as site preparation or
Non-eligible projects :
- Replacing equipment in the course of regular maintenance
- Equipment used to build logging roads