Concerted temporary action program for businesses
For businesses whose liquidity is affected by the repercussions of COVID-19
This new emergency funding measure provides ad hoc and exceptional support for businesses affected by the repercussions of COVID-19.
This financial assistance is available to businesses operating in Québec, including cooperatives and other social economy enterprises with commercial activities. Eligible businesses are those that find themselves in a precarious situation and temporary difficulty as a result of COVID-19. They must show that their financial structure offers realistic prospects for profitability.
Businesses must show that their cash flow issues are temporary and that the liquidity shortage stems from:
- A problem involving the supply of raw materials or products (goods or services)
- An inability, or a substantially decreased ability, to deliver goods, products or services
Applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, according to the business’s circumstances and Investissement Québec’s management practices.
All industries are eligible, except for the following:
- Weapons manufacturing or distribution
- Games of chance and gambling, combat sports, bars, racing and other similar activities
- Production and sale of tobacco and drugs along with services related to their use, except for projects involving pharmaceutical-grade products approved by Health Canada and having a DIN, or their ingredients, as well as R&D projects licensed by Health Canada
- Any activity whose main purpose is protected by the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms (religion, politics, human rights advocacy, etc.)
- Any other activity that may offend public morals.
Details of Financial Assistance
- A loan guarantee is the preferred form of financing. Financing can also take the form of a loan from Investissement Québec.
- Investissement Québec aims to work in close cooperation with financial institutions and federal authorities in order to share risks
- The minimum funding amount is $50,000.
- Refinancing is prohibited.
- This measure is designed to shore up the business’s working capital.
Special conditions may apply.
A loan guarantee is the preferred form of financing. Financing can also take the form of an Investissement Québec loan.
- For businesses that are already Investissement Québec clients, contact your account manager or project manager directly by e-mail or telephone, using our online directory.
- For non-clients seeking a loan guarantee, contact your financial institution first. It will get in touch with one of our account managers.
For any other situation, please contact Customer Service at 1 844-474-6367.
To reach an account manager or project manager, refer to our online directory.