SMBs and Large Corporations
Production of Multimedia Titles
Québec is well known for its creativity and innovative flair in the multimedia sector. To give Québec multimedia companies an extra boost and help them carve out a place among the top industry players, a tax credit is offered for the production of multimedia titles.
What can your company receive?
A refundable tax credit covering up to 37.5% of your eligible labour expenditure.
To be eligible, your business must:
Produce eligible multimedia titles in Québec:
- titles produced on an electronic medium and run using software that supports interactivity;
- related titles, such as digital animation films associated with an eligible multimedia title produced by your company.
Perform eligible production work:
- all operations necessary to produce the multimedia title, commencing with the design stage and indefinitely thereafter.*
*For an application for a production work certificate submitted prior to October 1, 2013, eligible production work refers to the work carried out for the purpose of completing the production stages of the title, commencing with the design stage and concluding 36 months after the date of the initial marketing of the title (previously, “the completion date of the final version of the title”).
How to obtain the tax credit
- Complete the application for an eligibility certificate and send it to us after your company’s year-end.
- Once it has completed its review, Investissement Québec will confirm whether your company is eligible.
- If you have any questions, call one of our experts at
1 866 870-0437.
Fees are charged for processing all eligibility certificate applications.
Want to receive your refund right away?
If your company qualifies for this tax credit, you can apply for our Financing of Refundable Tax Credits program to put your cash to work sooner. For more details, please contact one of our financing experts at 1 866 870-0437.