Who we are
Is your business ready to expand? Want to open a Québec subsidiary? Investissement Québec is here for you! Our role is to help you make the most of everything Québec has to offer while guiding you through every phase of the set-up process. And we don’t stop there: once you open your doors we keep working to help you and your Québec subsidiary flourish!
What can we do for you?
- In-depth knowledge of Québec. Put us to the test! Tell us what your business needs are, and we’ll scout out locations or sites in Québec where your business will be able to prosper.
- Organizing visits. Once you’ve chosen your site or sites, we’ll arrange a tour for you. We can also set up meetings with strategic partners to assist in setting up your new business.
- Financing. As a financing corporation, Investissement Québec can provide the financial resources you need to get your expansion plans off the ground.
- Strategic alliances. Whatever your industry, we can put you in touch with other companies that you can partner with and government agencies that will help you make the most of what Québec has to offer.
- Assistance in operating your subsidiary. Our support doesn’t come to an end as soon as your business is up and running! Our dedicated team will continue to help you compete in the global arena and expand your business. As your Québec subsidiary puts down roots and grows, Investissement Québec delivers custom-tailored support every step of the way.
International businesses in Québec
Québec’s many international subsidiaries have long played a vital part in our economy.
- Québec’s economy is solid and our world-renowned banking system, well-regulated.
- We benefit from several free-trade agreements that facilitate trade and exporting.
- Québec’s companies work together as part of dynamic business networks that promote closer ties and help members resolve common issues.
The partnerships that Investissement Québec has formed with international businesses over the years are continuing to prove their worth. In 2015–16, our prospecting helped 78 projects from international companies see the light of day, representing a total value of $1.3 billion. Once they are operational, these ventures are expected to create or maintain more than 4,900 jobs, according to company estimates. The future looks bright!